Click to Home
Go To Search
About SCA
A Brief History
  alt=
Solon Center for the Arts
Main Building
Old City Hall to Solon Center for the Arts
Old City Hall, built in 1899, is one of the oldest public buildings in Solon. Styled in Georgian architecture, it served over the years as a school, library, and police and fire stations. In addition to its main role as the center of Solon’s government, this building also provided a center for church services, community dances, town hall meetings, graduations, and theater productions. With the opening of the new Solon City Hall on Bainbridge Road in 1995, the doors of the old City Hall closed...but not for long.

A New Beginning
Through research, interviews, and public response, it was determined that an arts center would fulfill a need within the community. On June 11, 1997, the old City Hall Committee voted unanimously to preserve the building and create a multi-faceted community arts center.

On June 17, 2002, Solon Center for the Arts opened its doors for classes. The building was appropriately named Drake Hall in honor of Senator Grace Drake for her leadership and commitment to SCA’s renovation and creation.



City of Solon Ohio City of Solon, Ohio
34200 Bainbridge Rd.
Solon, OH 44139
Home
Site Map
440-248-1155
Contact Us

Translation
Employee Login
Accessibility
Download Apps
Mobile Site
Copyright Notices
Go To Search