(Sewers and Drainage Information)
The City of Solon's National Pollution Discharge and Elimination System (NPDES) Phase 2 program is regulated by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (Ohio EPA). The goal of the NPDES program is to mandate the control of pollutants entering municipal storm water systems that discharge into receiving waters of the State of Ohio. Municipalities must implement an ongoing comprehensive program that addresses each of the 6 Minimum Control Measures (MCM) described below.
Solon is a Participant in the Ohio EPA Stormwater Protection Program
- Public Education & Outreach (MCM 1) - Distribute educational materials to the public regarding storm water discharges and ways to reduce storm water pollutants. A variety of educational material is available through Cuyahoga Soil and Water Conservation District and Chagrin River Watershed Partners, Inc.
- Public Involvement & Participation (MCM 2) - Involve public groups in the participation of activities associated with storm water pollution reduction and prevention.
- Illicit Discharge Detection & Elimination (MCM 3) - Develop, implement and enforce a program to detect and eliminate illicit discharges such as cross connections between the storm and sanitary collection systems, and illegal dumping of pollutants into the storm system. City of Solon Illicit Discharge is regulated under Codified Ordinance section 1482.09.
- Construction Site Storm Water Control (MCM 4) - Develop, implement and enforce a program to reduce storm water pollutants discharging from construction sites. City of Solon Erosion and Sedimentation in Vacant Land Development is regulated under Codified Ordinance chapter 1254.
- Post Construction Storm Water Management (MCM 5) - Develop, implement and enforce a program to minimize water quality and quantity impacts after project completion. Codified Ordinance chapter 1257 is currently used to enforce compliance throughout the City.
- Pollution Prevention & Good Housekeeping (MCM 6) - Develop and implement an operations & maintenance program to reduce storm water pollution from municipal operations. City Ordinance coming soon.
Stormwater Management Plan Updates
National Pollution Discharge and Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II Annual Reports
Annual Stormwater Update
Resident Stormwater Committee
Hal Becker, Chair