How to Open a Business in Solon
The Economic Development Department is here to walk you through all the necessary steps to bring your business to Solon.
Before finalizing your decision to open a business in Solon, it is recommended to take the following steps:
- Site selection - find the right location. Please visit our Available Properties page to see a current list of properties for sale/lease or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a specific commercial property in mind.
- Reach out to our Economic Development Department at 440-337-1313 or email email@example.com to discuss your project and potential ways the City can assist.
- Complete the Land Use Compliance Certificate Application form, found here.
- Complete RITA's blue Business Registration form, found here.
- Approval is needed from the Planning Department and the Building Department. The Planning Department should be consulted to confirm the business is a permitted use.
- Any new work or change of use requires stamped/sealed design plans, including construction of walls, plumbing, electrical, heating or fire suppression. Please consult with the Building Department at 440-349-6737 to discuss requirements for your use.